While most of the world is in quarantine and practicing social distancing, one social media platform has continued to maintain a rapid growth in downloads, especially in the U.S. According to Sensor Tower’s report, 2019’s second most downloaded app worldwide, TikTok, saw an 18% increase in downloads, tallying the number to 2 million between March 16 and 22, compared to the previous week at 1.7 million.
Social media has radically transformed how businesses and brands engage and interact with their customers. These powerful networking and communications tools are among the most important – and most misunderstood or mismanaged – marketing and reputation management tools available today. PriceWeber’s experienced Social Media Department operates as an extension of our Public Relations and Creative departments to create engaging social content, manage your social media channels and monitor the health of your brand or business across the social universe in times of tranquility or crisis. And just like every strategy we create, our social media plans and content are the product of inter-departmental collaboration grounded in measurable objectives and guided by Key Performance Indicators.
- Social strategy and playbook
- Content creation
- Reputation monitoring
- Community management and response
- Social crisis management
- Paid social planning and execution
- Influencer relations
DAGOBA Organic Chocolate
Social Media + PR
An organic artisan chocolate brand founded in 2001, DAGOBA soon amassed a dedicated following of fans drawn to its sustainable chocolate infused with unique flavors. Following years without a cohesive marketing strategy, however, brand awareness had dwindled and that fan base was stagnant. For its relaunch in 2017, which included an exclusive partnership with Target stores and a new nonprofit initiative, DAGOBA engaged PriceWeber to lead its public relations and social media initiatives.
- Generate broader awareness among consumers and retailers.
- Drive visits to DAGOBA’s website.
- Encourage sales at Target stores.
- Rebuild a loyal following.
PriceWeber developed an integrated public relations and social media strategy that streamlined messages across DAGOBA’s owned media channels, generated a steady drumbeat of earned coverage, enabled consumers to engage online, and strategically amplified content to the brand’s target audiences. Our Content Creation Studio created social content to engage DAGOBA’s core audience. Our PR and social team developed month-to-month calendars to drive a consistent flow of that content. Through our research and strategy, we better defined target audiences and created custom audiences for amplified content, increasing reach, impressions, and engagement.
PriceWeber leveraged a limited budget to reactivate the brand and amplify its products to a wider audience of potential and existing customers—1.9 million in all—and to help create a year of rejuvenation for DAGOBA Organic Chocolate:
- Earned media coverage garnered an estimated 1.12M views and was shared via social media channels more than 3,000 times.
- Influencer engagement efforts reached more than 400,000 social media users and saw an overall 5.9% engagement rate with social content.
- Overall social media efforts for 2017 reached more than 1.19M people and generated 42,520 social engagements—a 780% year-over-year increase in total social reach and a 325% year-over-year increase in total impressions.
- Social media users who engaged with the brand’s social content increased from 1,163 in 2016 to 22,487 in 2017.
- Social and earned media drove 3.7% of all traffic to DAGOBA’s website, with an average visit duration of 1:08.
- These efforts also drove sales increases online and in-store during promotional periods compared to previous year and previous month.